The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company and leader in manufacturing plasma-derived and recombinant therapeutic products in more than 100 countries. The company is committed to treating rare and serious diseases and improving the quality of life of patients around the world.
For the site located in Marburg, Germany, we are looking for a Associate Scientist (m/w/d) to step in a contract role for initially an 8 months on a temporary basis (Arbeitnehmerüberlassung) .There is a high probability that the employment contract will be turned into a permanent one after the eight months.
- Support the development of experimental study designs
- Planning and, if necessary, execution of experiments including data analysis and communication of the results in the form of a report or presentation
- Evaluate the results of the experiments
- Operation of complex software/devices
- Processing and preparation of raw data
- Procurement, collection, preparation, and distribution of Samples/data in coordination with other departments
- Contacting and obtaining information from external providers (e.g., contract research organization) and collaboration partners
- Creation and maintenance of records in internal documentation systems
- Drafting and revising technical documents, including work instructions, test or process protocols and reports
- Maintain laboratory and equipment in accordance with required Quality standards (e.g., APS, GLP or GMP).
- Perform maintenance/calibration work respectively to coordination of repair work on scientific equipment in cooperation with internal or external service providers
- Coordinate equipment qualifications
- Coordinating the availability of materials, solutions and reagents
- Control and maintenance of biological systems (e.g., cell cultures)
Qualifications & Experience:
- A University Degree in natural sciences like Biology etc. (e.g., Bachelors or Masters)
- Biology Laboratory Technicians (BTA) will be considered , only if they have several years of industry/ laboratory experience
- Experience with Mammalian cultures/cells (handling, sterile work)
- Experience with Bioreactor is an advantage
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and independently under limited supervision.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Fluency in English is obligatory; knowledge of German language is optional
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.