The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Bioprocess Engineer for a 12-month contract position (with possibility for extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Responsible for process design of the production recipe through generation of Functional Specifications for each recipe object
- Conduct interdisciplinary workshop to gather operational requirements of the production systems, and interpret them into design documents (process sequence flow charts)
- Combine information from unit color flow PIDs, DeltaV equipment module and phase designs into a design document that will be the basis for software coding (recipe FS)
- Assist the drafting of SFC’s by evaluating existing recipe objects and adapting them for specific project use
- Responsible for recipe parameter review, classify appropriate parameter deferrals in DeltaV, or determine the appropriate parameter values based on feedback from Operations
- Drafting of the recipe FS documents and be responsible for their review, revisions, until approval
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Understanding of MES Syncade and Delta V is a must
- Bachelor / Master Degree. Preferred area of study: Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in biotechnical engineering
- At least basic GxP/GMP understanding
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.