The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client develops innovative therapeutic antibodies in immuno-oncology fighting cancer cells by reactivating the body's own defense mechanisms.
For the next possible date we are looking for a Clinical Study Manager to step in a permanent position.
Clinical Study Manager (f/m/d)
- Implement and execute to a high standard all aspects of assigned clinical studies from designing and planning through to conducting and reporting
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day clinical trial activities internally, as well as externally with the CRO, vendors and external partners to monitor progress, timelines, and budget, and ensure study execution is of high quality
- Lead clinical trial team meetings with the CRO/vendor, proactively identify and manage risks, and ensure study deliverables (timelines, milestones, etc.) are on track and of good quality
- Manage, oversee, and build effective relationships with external vendors (e.g. CROs and other third party vendors) to ensure adequate service provision in clinical trial execution; this includes the evaluation, auditing, comparison of cost proposals and final selection of service providers
- Oversee performance of CROs and other third-party vendors, to ensure compliance with the protocol and in accordance with scope of work and in accordance with corporate timelines; identify areas of concern and escalate as appropriate
- Oversee the management of clinical trial sites during the planning and execution of the trial: prepare training materials, train sites, ensure ongoing adherence to clinical study protocol and procedures, perform ongoing study staff training (e.g. site initiation visits, ongoing training)
- Identify potential sites and investigators, oversee site qualification to ensure suitability and readiness of investigators and trial sites
- Review clinical trial documents (e.g. protocols, amendments, protocol information sheet / informed consent forms, Investigator Brochures, DSURs, clinical study reports, publications) in collaboration with the medical monitor and other members of the clinical development team; and review/approve study related documents (e.g. eCRF, cohort management plans, and clinical monitoring plans)
- Manage own regulatory authority applications and oversee outsourced submissions to regulatory authorities as well as Ethics Committees; coordinate the preparation of CDAs and contracts for CROs, third party vendors and trial sites, including contract negotiations
- Develop supportive documents such as pharmacy manuals, lab manuals, study worksheets and/or other documents needed for trial execution, and coordinate input from team members
- Support budget planning and management of assigned clinical trial(s) and/or work packages
- Review and approve invoices from sites, CROs and other service providers for work completed and prepare accruals
- University degree in life sciences or a healthcare related field, Master Degree or Ph. D. will be preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience in clinical trial management, ideally on international/global level
- Experience in Early phase (I-II) drug development
- Background and experience in Oncology will be preferred
- Experience in cell therapy studies will be preferred
- In depth experience with study planning, site feasibility, study conduct and close-out, database lock through generation of the clinical study report (CSR)
- Experience in CRO and third-party vendor oversight and management
- Deep knowledge of design, set-up and conduct of clinical studies
- Profound knowledge of GCP and international regulations governing the conduct of clinical trials
- Stakeholder / relationship and leadership management experience
- Excellent and effective communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is obligatory
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.