The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is offering 1 year contract (possible extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland. As:
Contracts & Claims Manager
In this role you will be responsible for the commercial management of large and medium-CAPEX projects. You will be responsible for mitigating risks related to the contract creation / execution, identify cost benefit solutions to complex contractual matters – including regular delivery and close out of complex negotiations with extremal Stakeholders and Consultants.
- Supporting the definition of the Risk Mitigation plans;
- Participating in development of contracting strategies;
- Reviewing new tenders and contracts with Strategic Suppliers;
- Negotiating major contracts and subcontracts, own final review and document preparation;
- Managing contracting plans during execution, commissioning and evaluation stages;
- Coordinating activities like change orders, delay management and conflict management;
- Managing escalations of issues and claims with suppliers
- Developing relationships with suppliers and ensuring reliable performances from them;
- Identifying opportunities for outgoing claims and negotiating potential claims.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Bachelor (BSc/BA), preferably Master degree (MSc/MBA) or equivalent;
- Good technical understanding and knowledge in the field of Purchasing, Engineering, Legal, Quantity Surveying or Cost Consulting;
- At least 10 years of experience working with major contractors/consultants in roles dealing with project change procedures, cost management, claims and variations, negotiation, and settlement of disputes;
- Proven experience in developing and implementing contract strategies that have resulted in measurable business results;
- Experience in procurement processes including commodity management, supplier management, negotiations, contract management, and e-procurement systems;
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills on an international level;
- Experience at managing global relationships, both internal and external ones;
- Experience with international commercial contracts and agreements.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.