The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a:
Data Center Operations Manager
for a 3-month contract (extension possible) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Supporting the project as the Data Center SME
- Main technical point of contact on site for the Data Center projects, I07 & E45
- Support the project manager in validating supplier technical offers to ensure they meet requirements specified by the client
- Support the project manager to define technical hardware migration plan
- Providing technical oversight & leadership for the migration of all infrastructure as per the project plan
- On site collaboration with the constriction manager to ensure all build/refurbishment activities are delivered as per project plan
- Updating technical documents as and when required
- Report progress of onsite activities, issues, escalation for both Data Center projects.
- Working with local IT operations team to gather any required technical information to support both DC projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Working experience and knowledge in Data Center operational management, e.g., knowledge of power, climate, access control, security, rack allocation, monitoring, troubleshooting, smart hands support
- Working experience and knowledge of HP server hardware, Hyperconverged server technology, SAN storage architecture, basic networking architecture, basic firewall understanding
- Working experience and knowledge of VMware, ESXi, vSphere technology
- Ability to update technical documents such as Rack layouts, server topologies, cabling diagrams, migration plans, validation plans etc.
- Experience of large Data Center build / migration projects
Nice to have:
- Working experience and knowledge in Nutanix Hyperconverged technology
- Working experience and knowledge Veeam backup technology
- Working experience and knowledge of NetApp SAN & metro cluster technology
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org