The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a:
Scientist (DNA-Encoded Library Screening) -5369 LBD
for a 9-month contract in Basel. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated lab based screening scientist with a strong enthusiasm for protocol development, medicinal chemistry and lead discovery, who is interested in performing state of the art research in the pharmaceutical industry. You are someone that is highly passionate about DNA encoded library technology, pushing the boundaries of the field, as well as discovering and taking on new challenges.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Conduct DNA-encoded library screens
- Develop innovative screening protocols in collaboration with project, biophysics and protein science teams
- Utilise automated screening protocols for use within DEL (DNA encoded library)
- To be flexible and effective at identifying and solving problems that arise with the DEL and Project days
- Collaborate with project teams across SMR with a strong focus on planning screens and delivering novel chemical starting points
- Protein isolation, analysis and purification
- Clearly document and communicate research results
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or Master’s (with 3+ years of experience within the research or industry) degree in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology (or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in lead discovery)
- Previous industrial experience is an advantage
- Experience in affinity-based selection methods, screening and assay development
- Keen interest in DNA-encoded library technology (DELT)
- Experience in protein science and synthesis is essential
- Used to electronic lab notebooks and Spotfire or similar data visualization tools
- Ambitious team-worker and relish working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Motivated and focused, able to multitask, and meets timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.