Downstream Process Scientist (5271)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Downstream Process Scientist- 5271 LBD
Our client, a large pharmaceutical organization, is looking for a Downstream Process Scientist for a 12-month contract (with possibility of extension) in Bern. The ideal candidate should be a Scientist by training and should have biotech/biochemistry background with the interest and willingness to work in the lab. Regarding educational level, we are interested in a person with a Master degree or higher plus industry experience with downstream processes for biologics.
- Plan and carry out process development experiments
- Perform data analysis and write summary development reports
- Work with other teams members and cross-functionally to develop robust processes
- Search and study project relevant scientific literature
- Evaluation and introduction of new technologies and equipment
- Comply with the relevant quality systems
- Support production regarding technical clarifications
- Provide scientific expertise and guidance in relevant area of product development.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- 5+ years of proven industry experience in Biologics Downstream Process Development, including design of scale-down models, process parameter definition and characterization, process transfer as well as quality by design principles is desired
- Profound knowledge in the areas of protein chemistry, chromatography, column packing, purification, virus inactivation and reduction, scale-up and filtration
- Understanding of early and late-stage process development
- In depth knowledge or experience in digital tools, ELN, data analytics and visualization software (JMP) is a plus
- Data evaluation and analysis applying sound statistical methods
- Proven experience with DoE (Design of Experiments) studies to assess optimization and robustness of manufacturing processes
- Good scientific writing skills in English