The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
EHS Design Engineer
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for an EHS Design Engineer for a 12-month contract (with high possibility for extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Support the project manager, project members, and Site EHS/EHS project ambassador
- Ensure technical support for EHS aspects and ensure all EHS requirements are integrated in the design of projects
- Coordinate, collect and ensure implementation of inputs of EHS Team
- Support project manager during the design phasis on EHS specific topics (Hazop, process safety, safety legal compliance, planning approval)
- Supports/supervises project team members on EHS issues with his/her expertise
- Provide guidance and act as partner for EPCM partners for all associates and stakeholders regarding occupational safety topics
- Implement the strategies to meet company safety goals
- Ensure compliance with occupational safety regulations, national, international and internal standards for construction sites
- Working closely with a team of EHS project managers and EHS Specialists – acting as coordinator and single point of contact
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Engineering degree (Plant Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or similar)
- Safety Engineer according to SUVA regulation (SUVA certificate)
- 5-10 years of work experience as EHS or Safety Engineer in a Bio-Pharmaceutical / Pharmaceutical / Chemical Manufacturing environment
- German & English – Business Fluent (Level C1 min)
- Proven process understanding of design safety and legal safety demands in the pharmaceutical environment or similar
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skills for developing and delivering training to elevate knowledge, skills and behaviors at multiple levels of the organization
- Dealing with high level of ambiguity using coaching skills
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.