The Life Science Career Network – CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
For our client, a Pharmaceutical company in Berne, and associated to its Global Regulatory Affairs Dept. we are looking for a
Finance Manager (5569)
in a six months contracting role. Residence in Switzerland and a Swiss working permit are required.
Role and Responsibilities – Under general supervision:
- Analyzes and forecasts financial and economic data to provide information for strategic and operational decisions
- Collects, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators
- Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions to evaluate alternatives against business objectives
- Evaluates industry, economic, financial and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position
Related to Global Regulatory Affairs:
- Expense & Headcount demand planning and forecasting
- Expenditures & Labor planning and tracking in SAP/Clarity/Smartcore
- Registration Fee invoicing and cross-charging process
- Invoice and Time Sheet control with regard to accounting accuracy and approvals
- Preparation of accruals with regard to annual close
- Performs budget and forecast planning.
- Consolidates Planning data and performs respective system entries (BPC/Clarity/Smartcore). Assists Global Regulatory Affairs Leadership Team with the annual strategic planning activities/process.Performing of monthly reporting and ad-hoc analysis (e. g. Plan vs. Act comparison);
- Creates financial status updates for different stakeholders (Global Regulatory Affairs Leadership Team, their Sub-teams and Project Teams).
- Ensures proper financial controls and compliance with company standards and local requirements
Resourcing & Contracting
- Support GRA’s resourcing activities and vendor contracting in collaboration with R&D Business Operations Network teams.
- Consolidation of Financial Date of several Business Units
Educational background and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related discipline or Industrial Clerk
- 3-5 years' experience in accounting and finance
- Knowledge of financial analytics and planning
- Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements
- Experienced with SAP; the systems Open Text, Ariba and Clarity/Smart Core would be a plus
- Comfortable working across the business and with GRA Leadership Team
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- A commitment to producing high quality work product with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to tight deadlines, working under pressure, and handle different tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability of being proactive and service oriented towards internal and external customers
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English
Interested? Contact us!