The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
(Junior) HR Specialist with focus on Payroll
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a (Junior) HR Specialist with focus on Payroll for a 6-month contract (with possibility for extension or getting a permanent position) based either in Basel or Valais area, Switzerland (candidate can choose the location).
- Assist in the development and consistent administration of all human resources policies, programs, and practices on site.
- Assist in day-to-day HR responsibilities including providing consistent feedback to employee questions and concerns.
- Support employee activities and community relations.
- Source candidates for regular, full-time, and temporary employees by coordinating the proper and timely approval of personnel requisitions.
- Development/update of position descriptions, and communication (internal and external) regarding employment opportunities.
- Review and screen all resumes. Recommend for management review qualified applicants and coordinate development of the interview team and associated logistics.
- Initiate and ensure proper documentation associated with background/reference checking, pre-employment physicals, relocation authorizations, etc. Conduct routine reference checks.
- Draft employment offer recommendations and authorization letters (if applicable).
- Manage new employee onboarding process.
- Coordinate HR Administrative duties and responsibilities with the HR Service Center.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, HR, psychology, or business administration or Swiss HR education
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in payrolling
- Knowledge in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and labor relations.
- Fluent in German and English (German is the main language)
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.