Lead Buyer (4895) (4895)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Lead Buyer for a contract position based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
The Lead Buyer CAPEX manages the procurement activities for assigned investment projects and coordinates their planning and execution at the site in Valais and, if required, at other sites.
- Development of purchasing strategy and coordination of procurement activities for assigned investment projects. Strategic responsibility for a procurement volume of CHF 40-60 million.
- Procurement of supplies (systems, sub-systems, equipment and spare parts) and services (consulting, engineering and planning) for the assigned specialist areas or investment projects.
- Strategic and operational procurement tasks, including coordination, lead or participation in projects to further the development and improve the efficiency of technical purchasing as well as to achieve common targets.
- Member of the Technical Purchasing Management Team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Technical training (ETH or FH) or similar training; preferred area of study: Process engineering, chemical engineering and plant engineering
- Experience in plant construction as well as in the areas of purchasing, sales, contract management and project management
- Experience in Infrastructure projects mandatory
- English and German fluent
- Project and procurement management
- Team player with ability to work efficiently in matrix organizations and interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.