Material Planner (5298)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Material Planner 5298
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Material Planner for a 10-11 months contract based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Perform material planning management and inventory management activities;
- Drive and convert purchase requisitions to purchase order in accordance to supplier lead time and the release time;
- Monitor and maintain purchase orders accordingly to supplier confirmation, be in communication with suppliers in cases of delays or delivery dates not fulfilling requirements, liaise with Operational Buyer for escalation and use Procurement tracker in appropriate cases;
- Be in contact with Quality Assurance in order to oversee release and monitor release prioritization;
- Identify key roadblocks and report to line manager, be process improvement oriented, drive reduction of excess inventory to ensure optimal level of materials to reduce waste;
- Create, maintain, delete material master data parameters to ensure systems fit the need of the business;
- Manage master and transactional data, check to ensure that systems reflect real time status;
- Contribute to creating a harmonized and standardized KPI’s definition, draw from that process to drive improvement initiatives;
- Document processes and tasks accordingly to cGMP and ISO 9001 standards;
- Liaise with Operational Buyer to ensure high quality of Procurement Master Data and packaging size optimization.
Education and Qualification:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Completed degree in Purchasing or Procurement;
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Fluency in English and at least beginner level in German.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us.