Nephrology Clinical Development Medical Director (5282)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Clinical Development Medical Director with nephrology expertise, ideally nephrologist, with clinical development experience
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a:
Nephrology Clinical Development Medical Director
for 6 months contract (with extension possible afterwards)
In this role you are responsible for leading the strategic planning and management of the assigned clinical program(s) from an end-to-end clinical development perspective. You will have oversight of the clinical development for the assigned programs and drive execution of the clinical development plan. In addition, you will enable an empowered organization, which can navigate in a matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs.
- Providing clinical leadership and strategic medical input for all clinical deliverables in the assigned project or section of a clinical program;
- Leading development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents;
- Driving execution of the assigned clinical program and/or clinical trial in partnership with global line functions, assigned Global Trial Directors, and regional/country medical associates, where applicable;
- Supporting (Senior) Global Program Clinical Head in ensuring overall safety of the molecule for the assigned section;
- Supporting the Clinical Development Head by providing medical input into Clinical Development Plan, Integrated Development Plan and Clinical Trial Protocol reviews, and contributing and driving development of disease clinical standards for new disease areas;
- As a medical expert, supporting interactions with external and internal stakeholders and decision boards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- MD or equivalent medical degree is required;
- Clinical practice experience 4 years (including residency) and board certification;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in clinical research and/or drug development;
- Experience in an academic clinical research or industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV;
- 2 years of experience of contribution to and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing) in a global/matrix environment in pharmaceutical industry;
- Working knowledge of nephrology area is required;
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective scientific partnerships with key stakeholders.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.