The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for an Operational Buyer for a contract position till end of 2023 (with possibility for extension) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Proactively manage the performance of raw material suppliers, to ensure the Material Requirement Plan can be realized.
- Ensure relevant Procurement Master Data is available and maintained in SAP so the Material Requirements Plan (MRP) can be calculated reliably and the PO creation process can be as effective as possible.
- Support the category manager and strategic buyers to implement their supply strategies. Cooperate closely with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice queries.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and feedback to strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by Central Category managers and Site Strategic Buyers
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure all relevant material & vendor master data and outline agreements are available in SAP and are up to date
- Manage all Level 2 vendor escalations, including but not limited to:
- Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs
- MRP driven delivery date “Push Out” or “Pull In”
- Pricing Discrepancies
- Delivery and Shipping related issues and inquiries
- Manage Vendor performance, driving improvements on time delivery, quality conformance, and other compliance issues
- Manage and resolve Vendor Returns (RMA, Cost Recovery, Replacements)
- Perform regular open order review meeting with Vendors
- Manage AP Inquiries (Invoice issues, etc..)
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and supplier
- Lead competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Lead supplier negotiations for low value contracts with supplier
- Train new joiners and junior colleagues
- Supervise more junior colleagues in the team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelor Degree or comparable in Procurement, Economics, Supply Chain management
- Fluent English; fluent German preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in a highly regulated industry, preferred Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry
- 5-10 years’ procurement experience for a manufacturing site
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of Direct Materials
- 5-10 years’ experience in SAP MM
- Experience with procurement tools
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.