Operational Buyer, Capex Procurement (5251)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Operational Buyer CAPEX Procurement – 5251 LBD
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Operational Buyer, Capex Procurement on 6 month contract basis with possible extension in Stein, Switzerland. In this role you will be responsible for Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order process coordination, as well as invoice reconciliation activities.
- Provide PO/Invoice management assistance and support to CAPEX Procurement and Project teams
- Assist Procurement and our EPCM partners and key vendors with commercial and PO/Invoice activities
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and the P2P enablement team to resolve invoice queries and GRIR queries
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for CAPEX and indirect products/services for sites in scope
- Create and expedite Purchase Orders, verify PO receipt by vendors
- Identify and manage late invoice payments
- Manage bank guarantees
- Monitor data accuracy in SAP (e.g. PO receipt and fulfilment dates)
- Support Project Cost Controlling in the preparation of monthly project reports
- Assist where needed with vendor commercial engagements, contract preparation, execution and go to market events.
- Manage working relationships with partner teams (PMO, Procurement, Accounts Payables etc.)
- Perform analysis of the performed tasks to assist with streamlining of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Payments settlement processes.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and innovation within the immediate team
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Commercial Apprenticeship Profile E/M or Swiss Matura Diploma or a University degree
- Curious and observant team player, willingness to expand own expertise and learn on the go
- Out of the box thinker, ability to adapt to varying workloads and to prioritize business needs
- Previous experience in project procurement (knowledge of CAPEX procurement preferred)
- Experience with Operational Procurement and Requisition-to-Purchase processes
- Familiarity with SAP and a good handle of the MS Office
- Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Communicative, able to work with a minimum supervision
- Able to deal with Ambiguity – can manage shifting priorities, and demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English and a good working knowledge of German
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.