Payroll Specialist (5259)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Payroll Specialist – 5259 LBD
Our client, a large pharmaceutical organization, is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a 6-month contract (with possibility of extension) in Bern. In this challenging role, you will lead a team of four employees in the areas of payroll and time management. You will be responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate processing of approximately 1800 salaries in Switzerland, as well as working with the payroll and time management systems. You will work with HR colleagues to develop and maintain local HR policies and procedures related to payroll and time management issues.
- Ensure the monthly payroll on SAP
- Correct data maintenance in the system based on Swiss tax and social security legislation and the existing internal regulations
- Ensure the monthly and annual time statements in the E3 (Ethelred) time recording system
- Create personnel statistics using SAP standard reports, SAP Adhoc Query, E3 reporting functionalities and the use of Excel (including macros)
- Point of contact for our external partners (social insurance, pension fund, withholding tax offices
- Support the year-end processing and accounting, prepare accounting reports and work closely with our finance department to clarify any difference
- Answer complex questions regarding personnel data, remuneration, benefits, social benefits, withholding tax, entries/exits, shift plans, time accounting, etc., taking into account the statutory and internal HR guidelines.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Commercial training and have at least 5 years of experience in a comparable position in salary administration
- knowledge of an HR shared services model in an international company and 2 years of management experience
- In-depth knowledge of SAP payroll accounting – ideally also of Ethelred's E3 time management system
- Very good language skills in German and English
- Excellent user of MS Office programs and ideally have knowledge of the HR system Workday
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.