The Life Science Career Network CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Principal Scientist Biomarker Development (5470 – LBD)
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, is looking for a Principal Scientist Biomarker Development for a 8 month contract role with the possibility of extension based in Basel, Switzerland.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Molecular & Cellular Sciences (MCS) team within Biomarker Development (BMD) and Translational Medicine (TM). BMD focuses on delivering fit for purpose integrated biomarkers leveraging diverse expertise and knowledge in immunology, genomics, protein and cellular biology and state of the art data sciences. Our client's innovative spirit enables the development and application of cutting-edge technologies which address key clinical questions such as target engagement, defining disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for a innovative molecule.
- Development and validation of cellular biomarker assays based on Flow Cytometry technology
- Implementation of validated biomarker assays in clinical studies
- Generate and interpret data to enable proof of mechanism, dose selection & proof of biology across early clinical programs and present results at internal meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise to transition, implement and monitor assay development and validation at CROs
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of data generated through outsourced activities
- Empowered for experimental design, execution, interpretation and reporting (oral and written) of assigned projects under unbossed culture.
- Contributing to write quality reports and laboratory manuals.
- Cross training on a variety of biomarker modalities and technologies
- Swiss working/residency permit and/or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cell biology or a laboratory technician with experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Extensive understanding, knowledge and practical experience in FlowCytometry, having hands on experience in high dimensional Flow Cytometry would be a plus
- Analytical thinking, willingness to accept responsibility, and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a global organization and matrix-resourcing model
- Good Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Spotfire, GraphPad Prism)
- Good communication skills for oral and written in English
- Understanding of regulatory requirement relevant to Biomarker Development (e.g. GCLP, ICH)
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.