The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Specialist for a 6-month contract (with possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland.
- Execution of the Procure-to-Pay process; run the procurement operations locally and globally
- Follow up on Purchase Orders with internal end-users and stakeholders as well as with local and international suppliers
- Actively propose process/system improvements and share best practice within the company
- In case of an eProcurement system failure, work together with system admin (IT) to solve the issue
- Plan and execute all system changes in cooperation with eProcurement system admin (IT)
- Partner with category manager in operational buying
- Responsible to train and support internal users on processes and tools
- Maintain and improve the SRM database
- Maintain department intranet site and be responsible for the procurement related communication within the company
- Manage the client’s hotel, flight, train and rental car programs and act as the primary liaison with travel partners to achieve the business travel objectives and cost targets
- Evaluate services, negotiate agreements, and serve as the key contact with all primary travel vendors
- Training of travel arrangers and travelers (periodically or upon request)
- Communicate and enforce corporate travel policies
- Support users in the daily business with the travel management software
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years’ experience in system support and procurement or corporate travel management
- Proven experience in designing and managing procurement processes
- Sound experience in delivering training and user support
- Proven experience in working and negotiating with external vendors
- Experience in life science industry is an asset
- Well versed in eProcurement tools as well as MS Office applications
- Ability to negotiate contracts and understanding of different contract structures
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Have an overall understanding of processes related to procurement and travel (billing, budgets, IT, HR, risk management, meetings, etc.)
- Fluent in English – both verbal and written. Additional languages are a plus
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.