Product Development QA Engineering Manager (5303)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Product Development QA Engineering Manager
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a Product Development QA Engineering Manager for a 6-month contract (with possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland.
- Accountable and responsible for Quality engineering product & process development from concept to market launch.
- Provide sound Quality expertise to develop new product and timely address quality resolution for devices, combination product and packaging, and implement end to end effective control strategy and operational control plan.
- Align deliverables within the project cross-functional team and be accountable for the deliverables.
- Structure, manage and approve all quality deliverables related to Design Control, CE marking (if applicable), and Risk Management for the product and maintain their validity both internally and at suppliers.
- Execute all Quality Engineering activities & tasks defined for the product including GMP & ISO documentation management internally and at suppliers, resolution of testing issues, QA processing of deviations, QA approval of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) as needed, QA processing and assessment of change controls.
- Support to regulatory filings and maintaining inspection readiness.
- Oversight and manage Quality Assurance and Quality Control at device suppliers and tests service providers.
- Support the development, implementation and validation of all test methods required for functionally characterize products.
- Ensure qualification of Combination Product assembly process internally and at COMs.
- Effectively collaborate with all project functions and communicate quality requirement for industrialization of the product.
- Maintain an overview of applicable quality standards and their evolution within the related business.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and quality policies, procedures and practices, safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Keep Pharmaceutical Quality Systems up to date with medical devices and Combination Product requirement.
- Notify management of potential quality and regulatory issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in related quality engineering field, advanced degree desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in quality engineering or technical combination product development & industrialization with 5 years in medical or pharmaceutical industry with successful track record of delivering quality products to market.
- Demonstrated medical device, combination product and packaging development quality engineering skills.
- Broad and deep understanding of quality product development processes, regulatory, and quality / risk management systems (ISO 13485, MDR, 21CFR820, ISO 14971…)
- Demonstrated supplier quality management skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and statistical knowledge.
- Advanced skills in method validation.
- Sound knowledge of drug product manufacturing, control, packaging and distribution procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial mind set combined with cost consciousness.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.