Project Engineer – Clean and Process Utilities (5117)
Project Engineer – Clean and Process Utilities – 5117 (ADA)
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Project Engineer – Clean and Process Utilities for a 12 month contract to be based in Valais region of Switzerland.
- Own, manage and deliver clean and process utility systems for Biopharmaceutical Facilities as project lead engineer during design, procurement, project execution and turn-over to operations.
- Lead and guide engineering partners, EPCMV contractors and equipment suppliers during the design and execution of CAPEX projects within the Ibex site.
- Act as an interface and communicate effectively with stakeholders being involved such as project / design management, other discipline leads, MSAT, Operations & Maintenance Group, EHS, Qualification and QA.
- Collaborate with all parties involved for tasks such as equipment and systems design, specification generation, tendering, expediting, FATs, SATs, commissioning, qualification and start up.
- Report and provide input of status and forecast of utilities on cost and schedule.
- Hands-on involvement in the creation and development of engineering documents and test plans.
- Oversee, align and review engineering documents created by the EPCMV contractor.
- Ensure the internal standards and requirements are correctly incorporated.
- Ensure that designs follow good engineering practices, code and standards.
- Organize and lead coordination design review workshops and progress meetings.
- Contribute and represent the engineering group at HAZOP and GMP risk analysis.
- Perform reviews of vendor design deliverables, scope of work, constructability, and schedule.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
· High proficiency in general technical understanding and in depth knowledge of clean/process and black utility requirements for biopharmaceutical production facilities.
· Comprehensive GMP skills and knowledge of pharmaceutical standard regulations and guidelines (ISPE, EU GMP Guidelines, ASME, CFR, etc.).
· Ability to drive commercial and schedule awareness during all phases of the project cycle.
· Organized and structured attention to details, quality and safety in design with excellent documentation skills.
· Self-starter, proactive, excellent in problem-solving and communication in a highly agile environment.
· Languages: English fluent, German would be a plus
· University degree in Process, Mechanical Engineering or equal.
· Shall have background in Design Engineering throughout phases from feasibility to detail design.
· Must have track record of on-site project engineering within the life science industry / high technology sector, incl. start-up and qualification phases.
· Successfully designed clean / process utility systems
· Significant experience in an engineering environment with focus on execution and projects delivery.