The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and a leader in Personalized Healthcare, stands at the forefront of innovation. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they operate across a wide spectrum of drug discovery and therapeutic areas, earning global recognition.
We are currently seeking a Scientist in Proteomics to join their headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, on a 12-month contract. The position is situated within the Investigative Safety and Immunosafety chapter, where efforts are directed towards offering investigative, mechanistic, and discovery-based immuno/safety profiling across various experimental platforms. The primary focus involves the development of novel approach modalities (NAMs) aimed at safety profiling for our upcoming generation of therapeutics.
- Organize and conduct proteomics analysis in collaboration with stakeholders in the chapter and from the different therapeutic areas and functions, as needed.
- Plan and discuss the experimental strategy with the stakeholders, team members, and data scientists.
- Supervise and execute proteomics experiments, including sample preparation, nano LC- MS/MS measurement using high-end mass spectrometric instrumentation, data processing and interpretation.
- Provide reports, present and discuss detailed data analysis to the stakeholders in a dynamic and flexible manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in proteomics in an academic/industrial environment (post docs)
- Hands-on expertise in nano liquid chromatography – mass-spectrometry based proteomics is mandatory (documented by publication in a peer-reviewed journal). Experience with Orbitrap MS (Q Exactive, Exploris, and/or Tribrids) is essential, and ion mobility (timsTOF Pro, FAIMS Pro) systems is an advantage
- Expertise in quantitative proteomics approaches such as TMT, SILAC, acquisition strategies such as data-independant and -dependant acquisition (DIA, DDA), and targeted approaches such as parallel reaction monitoring (PRM)
- Proficient with common data processing software (Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, Spectronaut, PEAKS). Programming (e.g. R/Python) skills are a big plus
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
If you're interested in learning more about CTC and this exciting opportunity, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. You can either use the 'apply now' button or reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.