Senior Business Partner Procurement (5285)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Regional Procurement Category Manager
Our client, an innovative and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical company headquartered in Switzerland, covering multiple therapeutic areas, is looking for Regional Procurement Category Manager till end of 2023 (with high possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland or remotely.
The Regional Procurement Category Manager is responsible for the execution and implementation of Procurement projects and initiatives to realize productivity and cost reduction targets in line with the Regional category strategy and in close collaboration with relevant Procurement and Business stakeholders, promotes the overall strategy within the organization and actively identifies and executes spend reduction activities. Operational excellence, hands-on-mentality, negotiation expertise and market knowledge.
- Provides day-to-day Procurement services
- Accountable for execution of sourcing initiatives, Procurement projects and negotiations
- Identify and highlight cost reduction and demand management opportunities and share within the Procurement community
- Promoting and communicating the Global Procurement Guidelines and providing
- support to business stakeholders in case of questions
- Supporting day-to-day Procurement activities and projects
- Ensure operational Procurement requests are executed in line with Category strategies, and in compliance with relevant policies and operating procedures,
- Contribute to overall Procurement targets like cost reduction, Supplier consolidation, Preferred Vendor utilization etc.
- Sourcing and Supplier Relationships Management
- Executing the Source-to-Contract process and conducting fact-based negotiations
- Managing Supplier Relationships throughout the contract lifecycle
- Communicating and promoting the utilization of Preferred Vendors within the organization
Qualifications and Experience:
- Swiss working/residency permit and/or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- University/Advanced degree is required. Master’s degree in fields such as business administration, finance, law or a scientific or technical field is preferred.
- Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification
- English (excellence in speaking and writing), additional languages desirable
- 6 years of tactical procurement experience and contracting experience
- Solid experience in navigating in global, matrix organizations and across geographies and cultures
- Extensive experience in sourcing processes (e.g. RFI/RFQ), negotiation strategies, project management, good communication and collaboration skills as well as market analysis capabilities to drive operational excellence
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.