Senior Project Planner – 5128 (ADA)
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Senior Project Planner to support the Capital Projects for its global facilities and infrastructure.
This is a 18-month contract position based in Valais region of Switzerland. The selected candidate will be directly responsible for planning and overseeing the planning and reporting of projects through various Project stages.
- Develop, monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible
- Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing of alternative methods for corrective action
- Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis on a periodic basis
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance
- Assure credibility of the information contained in the schedule
- Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule
- Facilitate project scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the project team
- Resource Loading
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Business Management preferred
- Competency using Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- 5-8 years of experience in planning and ensuring accurate schedules are controlled for large (> 20 Mio CHF) projects. Preferable to also have experience being part of a team planning on large scale projects.
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to conduct analysis of complex/large data sets, draw conclusions accordingly, and prepare and support decisions.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to deal with Ambiguity – can conform to shifting priorities, and demands
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with project management software in the area of cost controlling and Excel.