The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Genomic Service Manager (4639 – ETH)
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a 9 months contract Genomic Service Manager.
- Provide technical expertise in molecular biology and next generation sequencing applications (e.g. RNA seq) on multiple platforms
- Analyse and interpret quality control of genomic data (including next generation sequencing data)
- Hands-on execution of standard genomic workflows
- Provide consultation and experimental design support to internal genomics services clients
- Responsible for suitable sample storage and handling of DNA and RNA samples during analysis
- Accountable for proper maintenance of laboratory equipment and infrastructure and compliance with local regulations
- Apply scientific rigor to ensure proper assay documentation and high quality (FAIR) data generation
- Responsibility for timely delivery of genomic data within assigned budget
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Minimum of Master or PhD in Biological field
- Demonstrated experience with experimental design applications for next generation sequencing and quality control of sequencing data
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar field
- Demonstrated proficiency in molecular biology laboratories
- Familiarity with databases, tools and resources commonly used in genomic data interpretation is a plus
- Experience in managing staff is a plus
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button or write an email to us or reach out to us on the phone.