Veterinary Pathologist (5199)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
For their office in Basel (Switzerland) we are currently looking for a:
Veterinary Pathologist – 5199 VGI
on an initial contract of 2 years, with high chances of extension.
- The Veterinary Pathologist will generate scientific insights for our portfolio through toxicologic pathology project support.
- Direct portfolio project pathology responsibilities including toxicologic pathology assessment and implementation of investigative pathology endpoints.
- Support drug discovery, research and development through integrative assessment of multiple endpoints and deep mechanistic pathology understanding.
- Histopathologic data generation and interpretation, and integration as part of evaluation of toxicology studies according to the principles of GLP.
- Peer review of pathology data/interpretations.
- Evaluation of clinical pathology data of toxicology studies, integration with histopathology data for optimal study interpretation.
- Provide guidance and participate in development of relevant animal models and selection of compounds for development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- DVM or Doctor Med. Vet. with the ACVP or ECVP pathology board certification/eligibility
- At least 3+ years of working experience within Toxicologic Pathology
- Experience working according to GLP
- Experience in Digital Pathology Evaluation
- Fluent communication both written and verbal in English
- PhD and Postdoctoral experience are of a benefit
- Experience with image analysis is of benefit
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.