The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for EHS Officers for a long-term contractor position based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
The EHS Officer is assigned to a project/site/area by the SGIE EHS Manager. He/she reports to the EHS Manager. The EHS Officer supports the EHS Manager in the implementation of project tasks and processes defined by EHS Program. He/she either contributes to the execution of the tasks or executes some of these tasks completely and independently.
The EHS Officer promotes and stipulates EHS consciousness to achieve company EHS goals (no accidents, no harm to people, no damage to the environment and to property, continuous improvement of our EHS performance) He/she supports and advices the projects in all EHS related issues.
- Monitoring of the implementation and effectiveness of the EHS management system, particularly the EHS Program.
- Actively participate in the EHS incident investigations and prepare required reports in consultation with management. Technical consulting of the site management with regard to EHS.
- Technical consulting of contractor management incl. its HSE personnel, e.g. safety specialists and safety delegates.
- Elaboration of suggestions for EHS improvement measures with regard to construction and commissioning.
- Inform the EHS Manager about the need of modification of the existing documents.
- Supports the EHS Manager in the implementation of project tasks defined by the EHS Program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.
- Technical education or higher degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, safety & health sciences or environmental sciences.
- Minimum five years or more EHS program experience in Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Industrial Engineering projects.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices. Worked within the construction industry, with a preference for pharmaceutical industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Swiss or European EHS codes and standards.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Professional EHS accreditation with a recognized body.
- European or Local, Cantonal and government legal compliance experience, and regulatory certifications are required.
- Fluent in German (B2 min.) and English (B1 min.).
The Life Science Career Network CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.